Before and After: 1950s Celluloid
I found these two matching 1950s celluloid pins at an estate sale a few weeks ago. I loved how small they were, and I loved the detail of the leaves and flowers with the little hint of a sparkle that the tiny rhinestones provided.
I saw their potential to become a really striking pair of earrings, rather than just little pins. So, I got right to work. I removed the pins from the backs and made sure they were nice and smooth. Then I cleaned them up a bit with a little gentle scrubbing.
Next, I added a couple of clear rhinestones to each flower, and attached it all to a silver tone ear wire. Now they're lightweight, a little more sparkly, and the perfect little pair of earrings that will take you right into Spring!